Drain Cleaning Birmingham, AL
Stopped-up and clogged drain lines can completely paralyze your entire plumbing system, putting a firm halt on your day-to-day activities. This can be obnoxious at best and extremely stressful at worst.
At Aux Home Services, we understand how vital running water in your home is. We strive to provide prompt, professional, and precise plumbing services any time you need them.
Our plumbing company has been serving Birmingham for over 30 years. We focus on providing superior service and unmatched workmanship, and all of our services are offered at highly competitive prices. If you’re looking for honest plumbers, you’ve come to the right place.
How Drains Get Clogged
Clogged drains rarely happen suddenly. They build up over time until the clog restricts water flow completely one way or another in a home. From flushing feminine hygiene products down the toilet to pouring grease from your breakfast bacon down the kitchen sink, eventually, a clog occurs.
Over time, the more you pour things down a pipe that isn’t supposed to be there, this debris builds up and causes a full clog. This then backs up water flow, traps air in your pipes, and can lead to backups through your sinks or drains.
Common Types of Home Clogs
Some of the most common types of home clogs include:
- Water backup or slow draining in the shower or tub: This often occurs from hair, skin flakes, soap, and other debris that makes it down the drain and begins to build up. Eventually, only a bit of water at a time can drain out of your shower and tub, leading to a slow draining process or inches of water standing still.
- Clogged toilets: We’ve all experienced a clogged toilet for various reasons, sometimes our fault and sometimes not. Toilet paper, hygiene products, and random things that should never be disposed of in a toilet lead to clogged toilets that can’t always be plunged to clear.
- Water backup or slow draining in the kitchen sink: Grease, eggshells, small objects, and food waste are often the culprits in a backed-up or slow draining kitchen sink.
Types of Drain Cleaning
- Drain snaking: A tool called an auger, or a plumber’s snake, is inserted into a drain and cranked through the drain, essentially pushing debris stuck in the drain too stubborn for a plunger to remove.
- Hydrojetting: High-pressure water jets are used to blow water at a specific pressure point through the piping of your home to remove dirt, debris, and build-up from years of continuous use.
- Video inspection: A video inspection of a home’s pipes is done to identify problems, such as rust, leaks, punctures, corrosion, and more. This inspection can also showcase how much build-up is in the pipes and whether your home needs drain snaking, hydrojetting, or other drain cleaning services.
REQUEST SERVICE TODAY
When to Schedule Drain Cleaning in Birmingham, AL
Drain cleaning is a unique service in plumbing work, as it can be used as a proactive solution for persistent clogs or as a preventive measure to keep your plumbing systems flowing freely throughout the year. Whether you need preventive plumbing maintenance or plumbing repair in the form of professional drain cleaning, we’re happy to provide it.
If everything you’ve tried on your own doesn’t work – or makes the problem worse – it’s time to call us. If you have a stubborn clog or notice slow draining in your home, chances are there’s not much more you can do without calling in the big guns. Aux Home Services recommends scheduling drain cleaning in these situations:
- You’re experiencing stubborn or frequent clogs: Clogs are rarely a single, large foreign object. Much of the time, they’re the result of months, even years of built-up scum and debris.
- Your drains are moving slowly: Slow-moving drains are often the first sign of a sewer line problem. Rather than needing a whole sewer line repair service, drain opening can often serve as an easier and more cost-efficient solution.
- There are strange or foul odors coming from your drains: Funky smells typically indicate a clog mass or damage to your sewer line. Our camera equipment can locate the problem so that our plumbers can provide the ideal remedy.
- Backflow problems are happening from other drains when you operate your toilet, shower, or sinks: Backflow happens when your plumbing system is experiencing pressure problems. These can happen due to damage, poor plumbing connections, or drain clogs.
Drain Cleaning in Birmingham, AL
When you call Aux Home Services for drain cleaning, drain opening, and routine drain cleaning, you won’t get some haphazard snaking or guesswork plumbing. Our experts use cutting-edge cameras and visual inspection software to locate all troublesome areas and provide a comprehensive solution that will provide you with clean, free-flowing drains for a long time coming.
Each plumber on our team is extensively trained and highly experienced. We retain the best plumbing contractors so that you can rest easy knowing you’re working with the best plumbers in Birmingham.
Contact Us to Schedule Drain Cleaning
The experienced and dedicated plumbers at Aux Home Services are here to provide you with the reliable, honest plumbing services you and your family deserve. Whether you need drain cleaning, tree root removal, or other sewer line services, we’re the superior service team to call on. We arrive on time, properly equipped, and ready to provide same-day service and upfront pricing.
Our team wears clean uniforms and will keep your home tidy by
wearing boot covers and using mats to cover work areas, plus we'll always tidy up before we leave.