5 WAYS TO SHOW YOUR HOME YOU CARE!
During the month of February (especially Valentine’s Day) it is expected that you show love to those you care for. Roses, fancy dinners, heart-shaped boxes of chocolate (with maybe 2 flavors that you like) are the social norms for the occasion. But what about your home? There’s so much love that happens inside each home, we often forget to perform simple maintenance that goes a long way to showing you care. Remember, it’s the little things that matter most and a pack of candy hearts just won’t do the trick. But here are 5 ways you can tell your home to “Be Mine.”
1) Change Your Filter! No, not the one on Instagram that has you looking perfect.Consumer Reports indicates that HVAC filters should be changed on average every three months (more or less often depending on the model) When was the last time yours was changed? If you’re like us, you have a hard time remembering what you had for breakfast. There are now subscription services to make it easy and convenient to make sure you always have a new filter when the time comes. One less thing to remember in line. Now if they only had that for anniversaries and birthdays!
2) Keep The Romance Burning! Just not at the expense of a fire caused by your dryer. You would be amazed how much the tiny lint pieces build up within the dryer ducts. Not only does this make your dryer work harder to get your clothes dryer (longer dry cycle=more energy=more money!) but the lint buildup is a major fire hazard. The U.S. Fire Administration states that over 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year. To be on the safe side, have your dryer ducts and vents cleaned twice a year. We can help with that!
3) Love is in the air… but so are a lot of other things! The Pollen will be here before you know it. A good cleaning of your Air Conditioner’s Ducts means cleaner, healthier air. Over the years the pollen and dust can accumulate and become so thick inside your ducts that the layers formed are stirred up every time the unit runs. You don’t want that circulating throughout your house. YUCK!
Now through March we are offering 50% OFF DUCT CLEANING if you mention this article. We’re here to help you combat the dreaded pollen monster!
4) Dispose of Smells! Your garbage disposal does lots of dirty work. Just think of the things you shove down it. Honestly, I don’t even want to know why it smells like it does. There’s no doubt it needs some love! To combat buildup and nasty smells, mix 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup of baking soda down your drain and rinse with hot water. If you still have trouble with a slow drain or even clogging, we offer a drain unclog for $99. Just mention this article
5) Feel The Electricity! Count the number of electronics plugged in to your home at any given time. It’s a lot! We suggest investing in home surge protectors. Most assume these are used to protect against lightning. While that is true, lightning strikes are the least common cause of power surges. Smaller surges are more likely to be triggered when high powered electrical devices begin running. With all the delicacies of our home devices now, a minor power surge can cause major damage. That is when a surge protector can save the day! Show your home some love by plugging in a few surge protectors around the house. Now through March we are offering 10% OFF SURGE PROTECTORS if you mention this article.
The team at AUX Home Services are happy to help you show how much you HEART YOUR HOME. Contact us today to help with any of the above suggestions. Remember to treat your loved ones well this Valentine’s Day and every day!
Our team wears clean uniforms and will keep your home tidy by
wearing boot covers and using mats to cover work areas, plus we'll always tidy up before we leave.